Position Title: Event Director/Logistics
Location: Louisville, KY
Job Type: Full-Time, Salary
Athletx Sports Group is a national producer and director of baseball and girls fastpitch softball events, as well as a media company. Athletx maintains offices in Louisville, KY (headquarters), Naperville, IL and Carmel, IN and currently produces 600+ team events and 50+ individual player events all over the U.S. through its subsidiary brands: Youth Baseball Nationals, Youth Softball Nationals, Baseball Youth, Softball Youth, Game Day USA, New Year’s BaseballFest, Youth World Series, VERSUS Tournaments, TravelBall Select, Pastime Tournaments and Mid-America Baseball. These events reach nearly 12,500 teams, 165,500 players, 35,000 coaches and more than 367,000 fans annually. Athletx and its brands have a total social media reach of over 700,000 followers.
Athletx has an immediate opening for an Event Director/Logistics. We’re looking for someone who can lead the charge with the full details of planning and coordinating our baseball and/or softball events, as well as maintain our equipment warehouse. The successful candidate should be able to seamlessly
plan and execute events from start to finish. Additionally, this person will also be responsible for the Warehouse, all event equipment, and coordinate all trucks and trailers for events. We work in a fast-paced environment, so the ideal person will be able to hit the ground running. Applicants with sportsrelated event experience will be given prime consideration. This position will report to the Director of Events and Operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work closely with the event venues and their assigned coordinators to organize all event details, including field usage, event scheduling and usage of other on-site facilities (i.e. offices, pavilions, parking, concessions, restrooms)
- Book all personnel needed to run an event including event staff, coaches (when applicable), security/police, EMT/medical staff, volunteers, officials, etc.
- Communicate with staff on event details including travel, lodging, meals, event schedule, etc.
- Prepare all schedules for the event and communicate with participants on any necessary event info
- Work with graphics/web department to produce event signage, web updates, etc. for each event
- Manage event staff and volunteers and help solve issues, conflicts or problems at events
- Work with Director of Events and Operations both pre-event and post-event to track and stay within budget for each event.
- Work with various suppliers and vendors throughout the planning phases of the event such as trophy, signage, equipment companies, etc.
- Direct event setup and breakdown of events including unloading/loading of trucks and trailers as necessary, placement of event equipment and supplies,
setup of merchandise, etc.
- Coordinate with event sponsors/partners to fully execute details of agreements when necessary including signage, product placement, brand integration
- Coordinate the schedule for all trucks, trailers, and drivers for each event
- Maintain inventory of all of the event equipment
- Order new equipment and replace old/damaged equipment as needed
- Pack and Unpack trailers for all events
- Ensure all of the equipment needed for each event is on the appropriate trailer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong professionalism
- Excellent communication, active listening and problem resolution skills
- Initiative to resolve a situation, but also know when to include management
- Work cooperatively as a member of a team as well as independently within the scope of an assignment
- Maintain a customer-oriented approach, with a positive “can do” attitude
- Adapt to all internal company styles and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Prioritization skills a must
- Basic computer technology proficiency
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college with degree in Communications, Sports Administration, Marketing or Management preferred; 1-2 years of related work experience or training preferred but not mandatory
Microsoft Office, G Suite
Serious inquiries only – please send resume and cover letter to Chelsea Ancona, Director of Events & Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com